சிந்திக்க அல்ல, சுவைக்க.
Not to think, but to taste

Sunday 30 November 2008

expired

wo, when was the last time i posted something? like last month? gosh it has been a long time since i let my self loose for a while. seems like ages. must been all the technical stuff i let my self into. okie. now that i am back, let me tell you all something that i witnessed last Thursday.   when i was about to  cabut home after a long period of web designing class where i lost it as usual, there was this brawl happening outside my class. as the scenes unfolded, it reminded me of the like  oh-so-typical Tamil movies(that's another story, may be after this). this two guys who i presume to be best friends because they are like twins before this, were neck to neck to each other. now i would just passed it off as another one these silly Indian guys attitude(still not judging, trust me you don't want to hear me start judging) and walked off, but something stopped me in my track. not that i usually do this, but my ears caught something. apparently one of the guys name is same as mine, err lets say x. and the other guy whose name i did not bother to listen said something about x's name. that's how the fight started. which brings me to think, what’s in a name, or more precisely naming or name calling? does it do any thing to you if someone said or called you so and so, or does it brings you any loss? words can't be retracted and yes it does hurt, but only if its true, right? everyone has their own name, their identity, and yes it comes with ego and self grace, but just because someone said that your name sounds like something or called you  something, most likely it isn't going to happen the next very second and you are going to be doomed for ever. so what’s the problem? move on. i do. but then again, people say i don't have any feelings and because I'm a sarcastic person , or I'm thick skinned., just i don't feel it. i don't let it to seep into me. simple (well yah, my skin is thick, anatomically!) Malaysians, especially my beloved brethren of my community, get all worked up as soon as something is said. the reason, like my grandma says, we eat more salt!!! yup, that’s the way granny, blame the salt. having high blood pressure due to over consumption of salt, and having a major showdown has nothing in common. at least from the way is see things. if they are so concerned about the way people address them, why no one gets all frisky and jumpy when the call each other  mike, or joe or machan and all the other names the call each other? your name isn't mike or joe and certainly you did not marry his sister, so why you answer back?  that part is still a mystery to me.  it is only is true if you acknowledge it, if  you don't well the sun wont get burned if the dog keeps on barking at it. that’s it. end of story. just shrug it off, why waste your time and energy on justifying it?  but then again, that’s me, name calling is so tadika. want a better way to have a shot at people? get a life and start moving on. trust me. it hurts ^^happy holidays
MindsBlog !

No comments:

Post a Comment

perple streaks @_@